This flexible multidisciplinary program allows you to pursue a well-rounded degree customized to your diverse interests and talents while making the most of the college credits you’ve already earned.
Online Bachelor of Arts Degree in General Studies
Our flexible multidisciplinary/general studies program allows you to pursue a degree that is customized to your diverse interests and talents while making the most of the college credits you’ve already earned.
Benefits of an Online Bachelor of Arts in Multidisciplinary/General Studies
- Unparalleled Flexibility – The B.A. in Multidisciplinary Studies program was created to fit your busy lifestyle and to make it easier for you to obtain a degree with classes that work around your schedule.
- Customizable Degree – This general studies program allows you to develop a degree plan tailored specifically to your academic and career goals.
- Maximum Credit Transferability – We take into consideration your previously earned credit hours toward this degree.
- Wide Range of Careers – This program will prepare you for a wide range of careers related to the areas of study that you engage in.
- Career Advancement – Earning your degree online at UTSA will offer you opportunities to expand your network and professional horizons.
The Multidisciplinary Studies program is designed to encourage creativity, innovation, and critical thinking, while also preparing you with marketable skills that can help you successfully pursue and thrive in a wide range of careers including:
- Human Resources
- Law Enforcement
- Nonprofit management
Additionally, with this 100% online general studies degree you can:
- Move up in an existing career by being better prepared for management and leadership roles
- Strive to be promoted from an entry-level role with the new skills and experience acquired
- Change industries to one of the wide range of careers with the diverse education and skills acquired
- Pursue your graduate degree after receiving your B.A. in Multidisciplinary Studies.
Your Multidisciplinary Studies degree plan will include:
- Core classes, including a senior seminar course that allows you to demonstrate the mastery of your subjects
- Three focus areas of your choosing:
- Focus Area 1: 15 credit hours
- Focus Area 2: 12 credit hours
- Focus Area 3: 12 credit hours
- Elective credits to allow you to further tailor your degree to your interests
- Electives: 27 credit hours
- Foundation courses that will teach you helpful skills for any industry