Skip To Main Content

Our systems are scheduled for maintenance from Sat., July 13 at 8 a.m. until Sun., July 14 at 5 p.m. (CT). This maintenance will affect registration, DegreeWorks, myUTSA Account, and Passphrase Portal, among other systems.

Frequently Asked Questions

You can find answers to the most frequently asked questions by transfer students below:

You are considered a transfer student if you graduated with a high school diploma or a GED and enrolled at and earned credits from a community college or university after high school.

High school students who completed Dual Credit in high school but have not attended a college or university are not considered Transfer Students, but may still apply to UTSA Online as a Freshman

A WIP stands for “Work in Progress” transcript. This means your transcript reflects that you are currently enrolled in classes at the time that you submitted your application. It is perfectly fine for you to be enrolled in classes at the time that you apply, too! We will be aware of your enrollment and there is not a penalty for applying with WIPs.

You can submit your application either through the UTSA Online websiteGoApplyTexas, or the CommonApp.

Please note that GoApplyTexas is utilizing a new website, so if you used it previously, you may need to create new account.

You can find out which credits will transfer to UTSA using our transfer credit calculator.

Pro tip: have your most up to date transcript with you while you use the calculator, you will need to reference course numbers etc.

If you need further assistance and/or if the transfer credit calculator does not provide sufficient information, please reach out to our Transfer and Transition Student Success Office, or contact the UTSA Online Enrollment Team at or 210-458-4000.

If your application is considered “incomplete” this means we are needing additional documentation/items from you.

In order for admissions to review your application, your application must be considered “complete.” Your myUTSA Account account will list what item(s) are outstanding.

You can submit additional documentation at:

If you did not receive your UTSA activation email, please visit and select “Activate Email Account” or call our Enrollment Team  at 210-458-4000 for assistance.

There is not a fee waiver for the transfer application. All students must pay the non-refundable application fee.

Yes, you can appeal an admission decision by submitting the Admission Appeal form.

You can contact the International Admissions Office by emailing or calling 210-458-7995. You can also contact an admissions counselor directly at

After you submit your application, you can check your status in your Student myUTSA Account account. See directions on how to check your status here.

Learn more about all of our 100% online programs here.