As a UTSA Online student, it is important for you to have access to all the resources and services you may need along your academic journey. Here are important links you will need to keep at hand every term to ensure your success as a Roadrunner.
We recommend you bookmark this page to have quick access to these resources in the future.
Academic Advisors | Schedule an Appointment
As a UTSA Online student, your academic advisor will cheer you on and support you throughout your entire journey as a Roadrunner. Please only make appointments with your assigned academic advisor. Making an appointment with a different advisor may result in your appointment being cancelled or rescheduled. You can check who your academic advisor is in myUTSA or by emailing email@example.com.
Online Academic Advisors meet with admitted undergraduate students to assist them with their educational journey at UTSA Online. The guidelines below outline important information about the appointment process for UTSA Online current students.
Incoming students must complete orientation prior to meeting with their academic advisor. If you have not yet completed orientation, please access orientation through your myUTSA Account.
Current Students can access their assigned advisor’s calendar by clicking “Schedule an appointment” under their designated advisor’s information above.
- Advising Appointments are conducted by phone. UTSA Online Advisors are available Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- To schedule your appointment click “Schedule an appointment” under your advisor’s name above, or you may email your assigned academic advisor.
- Appointments are not scheduled for the same day.
- After you schedule an appointment, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from our scheduling system (You Can Book Me) with your appointment information. Please review the information prior to your appointment.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, e-mail or call your Academic Advisor as soon as you know you are unable to make the appointment.
- We ask that you contact us as far in advance as possible (at least 24 hours) so we can make the best effort to offer that appointment time to another student.
- The advisor will attempt to call you and will allow 10 minutes before marking you as a No-Show.