As a UTSA Online student, it is important for you to have access to all the resources and services you may need along your academic journey. Here are important links you will need to keep at hand every term to ensure your success as a Roadrunner. We recommend you bookmark this page to have quick access to these resources in the future.
As a UTSA Online student, your academic advisor will cheer you on and support you throughout your entire journey as a Roadrunner. Please only make appointments with your assigned academic advisor. Making an appointment with a different advisor may result in your appointment being cancelled or rescheduled. You can check who your academic advisor is in ASAP or by emailing email@example.com.
UTSA Online Appointment Policies
Online Academic Advisors meet with admitted undergraduate students to assist them with their educational journey at UTSA. The guidelines below outline important information about the appointment process for UTSA Online current students.
Incoming students must complete orientation prior to meeting with their academic advisor. If you have not yet completed orientation, please access orientation through your ASAP account.
Current Students can access their assigned advisor’s calendar by clicking “Schedule an appointment” under their designated advisor’s information above.
- UTSA Online Advisors are available Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- To schedule your appointment click “Schedule an appointment” under your advisor’s name above, or you may email your assigned academic advisor.
- Appointments are not scheduled for the same day.
- After you schedule an appointment, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from our scheduling system (You Can Book Me) with your appointment information. Please review the information prior to your appointment.
- Currently, Academic Advising offers appointments exclusively over the phone. When you schedule an appointment, your advisor will call you on the phone number provided in the appointment request.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, e-mail or call your Academic Advisor as soon as you know you are unable to make the appointment.
- We ask that you contact us as far in advance as possible (at least 24 hours) so we can make the best effort to offer that appointment time to another student.
- The advisor will attempt to call you and will allow 10 minutes before marking you as a No-Show.
UTSA offers a variety of services to help you meet your academic goals. Navigate the tabs below to find the services and resources you may need:
Students enrolled in the 100% Online Program have a designated registration period that is indicated on the UTSA Registration Schedule. Once registration opens it will remain open throughout the duration of the Registration period. Students who qualify for priority registration are permitted to enroll prior to the posted Online Programs Registration date.
The Registration schedule is posted approximately one month prior to the first day of registration. Students should complete the following steps to ensure a successful registration process.
- Check ASAP for your registration status
- Check ASAP for any holds
- Submit any outstanding transcripts
- Check DegreeWorks Semester plan for course options
- Review the Class Schedule
- Schedule an appointment with your Academic Advisor
UTSA is dedicated to helping students achieve their educational goals. Our students have numerous payment options and financial aid opportunities.Review Payment Options
Get Your Textbooks
Save time and find 100% of the materials you need for your classes by submitting your Student ID on the UTSA Official Bookstore website.Purchase Your Textbooks
Are you wondering when you need to register for classes or pay your bill? You can find links to the academic calendars, final exam and registration schedules by clicking the button below.Calendar & Schedules PDFs
UTSA Advising provides a list of the different forms you may need, including the following categories:
- Exceptions Forms
- Registration Forms
- Graduation Forms
- Miscellaneous Forms
Access the digital version of the 2021-2022 Student Policies where you can review policies for the following information:
- General UTSA Information
- Admission Policies
- Tuition, Fees, Charges, Deposits, and Refunds
- General Academic Regulations
- Administrative Policies and Procedures
- Veterans Assistance
Review Policies & Procedures including the following information:
- Catalog of graduation
- Course Prerequisites
- Minimum Grade Requirements
- Repeating Courses
- Three-Attempt Policy
- Dropping an Individual Course
- Six-Drop Policy
- Withdrawal from University
- Change of Major
- Gateway Courses
Tutoring ServicesLearn More about UTSA Tutoring Services
UTSA Online Library Services
Get 24/7 access to journals, e-books, streaming media, and more. Live chat with librarians for help.Visit Online Library Services
COB Tutoring Services
The Carlos Alvarez College of Business offers both personalized and group tutoring to support student success in challenging, quantitative business classes in accounting, economics, finance and management science and statistics. Their free tutoring programs include live and on-demand tutoring, review sessions and study groups.Visit the COB Tutoring Services
TutorMe is a tutoring service tool available to the UTSA community through Blackboard courses. TutorMe can be accessed online 24/7.Find TutorMe on Blackboard
As you approach the culmination of your academic journey, it’s time to start thinking about how to apply for graduation and when is the right time to apply for graduation. You can also keep an eye on the UIW Commencement page to make sure you don’t miss any of the graduation events every semester.Find More Information About Graduation
Find all the support you need in order to succeed in your online courses, from advising to digital learning tools and tutorials:
Digital Tool Resources and Technical Support
UTSA Digital Learning provides you with technical resources and support for all the digital tools available to you as a UTSA Online student, including Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Creative Cloud, Cisco Webex Suite, OneDrive for Business, and more!Digital Learning Technical Support Student Software
You will access all your courses through Blackboard Learn. Here are some useful links where you can find Blackboard Learn support:Blackboard Learn Help for Students UTSA Blackboard Support
DegreeWorks allows you and your advisor to plan future coursework and run degree audits, easily identifying courses that have been completed and what courses are still needed in order to fulfill degree requirements.Learn more about DegreeWorks Watch DegreeWorks Tutorials
Note: We recommend accessing DegreeWorks through Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome rather than Safari. This tool works better when you access it from a laptop or desktop computer instead of a tablet or mobile device.
UTSA has a variety of resources for you to find internships and job opportunities including:
UTSA Career Center
The UTSA Career Center offers online students access to multiple services:
- Log in to Handshake to connect with resources, schedule appointments, find events, and jobs
- Take the Career Explorer Assessment
- VMock provides you with instantaneous feedback on your resume
- CareerShift lets you find job opportunities from across the nation
- Interview Stream allows you to practice your interview skills from the comfort of your home.
Internships are very important to gain workforce experience in your field. You can find different type of internships at the University Career Center website.Explore More Internships
Student Organizations & Involvement
Participating in a club or organization will give you the opportunity and framework to discover, build, and develop skills needed for your after-college choices, whether it be graduate school, service or work. Learn more about why should you join a student organization and how to join.UTSA Clubs & Organizations
If you or someone you know needs help now, call 911. Notify the operator there is a mental health emergency and ask for trained officers in crisis intervention. Here are more free mental health resources available to everyone:
Crisis Text Line
Open Counseling is a website that provides a list of the free telephone counseling hotlines and warm lines in the United States including:
- Suicide & Crisis Lines
- Alcohol & Substance Abuse
- Domestic & Sexual Violence
- Eating Disorders
- Grief Support
- LGBTQ Hotlines
- Mental Health Conditions & Family Support
- Sexual Health & Pregnancy
- Specific Disorders
- State Crisis Lines
- State Warm Lines
- Trauma Survivors
- Youth & Parenting
National Alliance on Mental Health (NAMI) - San Antonio
The NAMI HelpLine is a free, nationwide peer support service providing information, resource referrals and support to individuals living with a mental health condition(s), as well as families and caregivers.
Suicide Prevention Lifeline