New Student Orientation for Online Students
New Student Orientation is a requirement for all students admitted into a fully-online degree program. The orientation experience for online students is self-paced and will answer many of your questions and prepare you for your first semester at UTSA.
Please Note: If you are not admitted into a fully-online degree program, you can find more information about your orientation here.
The New Student Orientation consists of:
- An introduction to online learning
- An overview of academic advising services
- Important information specific to your major
- Instructions on how to sign up for your advising appointment
When Orientation Opens
|Admitted for Spring Term||Opens in October|
|Admitted for Summer Term||Opens in March|
|Admitted for Fall Term||Opens in March|
How do I sign up for orientation?
- Log into your ASAP account, click the “Future Roadrunner” tab, and click “Sign Up for Orientation.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to sign up for the orientation.
- Optional: Print the confirmation page for your records.
- On the confirmation page, click the link to access the UTSA Online Orientation.
Orientation Fee for Online Students
There is no orientation fee for students in a fully online degree program. All fees are included in the tuition.
You are welcome to log back into your ASAP account and make edits to your orientation reservation as long as your edit button is visible on your confirmation page.