UTSA students have access to download the following software for free while they are students.
Adobe Creative Cloud Campus
Take advantage of UTSA status as an Adobe Creative Campus. Creative Cloud suite is a set of applications to create, edit, and enrich your course assignments, websites, videos, animation, photographs, and much more.Find Resources
Office Professional Plus
Students are able to download this Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Access, Publisher, and Outlook, on up to five personal devices.Download Instructions
OneDrive for Business provides cloud storage for UTSA students. Files are accessible anytime from virtually anywhere with an internet connection.Access OneDrive
Software and Tech Resources
Get technical support, find digital tool resources, and access more software.Visit Digital Learning
Technical Specifications and Requirements
Minimum Technology Requirements
In order to participate in an online course, students will need:
- PC or a Mac computer*
- Windows 7 or later*
- Mac OS X or later
- Webcam and microphone (internal or external)
- Internet access
- Additional hardware and software as required by a department or instructor
*Unless enrolled in Cyber Security
In order to participate in the program, Cyber Security students will need:
- Desktop or Laptop
- Operating System: Win10 Pro Or Education Edition*
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i7
- RAM: 16GB
- Webcam (internal or external), speaker and microphone
- WiFi capability
- Additional Requirement: reliable broadband internet connection
For more information on specs, visit the Cyber Security department’s website.
*Registered UTSA Cyber Security Students may receive one free license for Windows 10 Education edition. Students may contact Tech Café at 210-458-5555 or email@example.com for questions about upgrading or installing Windows 10, or to make an appointment for in-person assistance.
Common Downloads and Plug-Ins
UTSA currently uses the learning management system, Blackboard Learn. Blackboard Learn is a user-friendly online learning environment that provides instructors with the ability to present online and hybrid course content in an organized and simple to navigate manner. Blackboard Learn relies on your Internet browser to display content. You must configure your browser correctly so it will function properly.
- Make sure that you are using a supported browser. Run the UTSA Browser Check to check compatibility.
- Enable Cookies for UTSA’s Blackboard Learn site: utsa.blackboard.com
- Enable pop-up windows for UTSA’s Blackboard Learn site: utsa.blackboard.com
- Add utsa.blackboard.com as a Trusted Site.
Resources and Tutorials for Digital Tools