Software and Technology
UTSA students have access to download the following software for free while they are students
Adobe Creative Cloud Campus
Take advantage of UTSA being the first institution in the state to become an Adobe campus. Creative Cloud suite is a set of applications to create or edit websites, videos, animation, photographs, and much more.
Office Professional Plus
Students are able to download this Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Access, Publisher, and Outlook, on up to five personal devices.Download Instructions
OneDrive for Business provides cloud storage for UTSA students. Files are accessible anytime from virtually anywhere with an internet connection.Access OneDrive
Technical Specifications and Requirements
Minimum Technology Requirements
In order to participate in an online course, students will need:
- PC or a Mac computer*
- Windows 7 or later
- Mac OS X or later
- Webcam with microphone
- Internet access
- Supported browser: Run the UTSA Browser Check to check compatibility.
Recommended Browsers: Firefox or Chrome
- Word processing software: Office 365 is available for students through University Technology Solutions.
- Additional hardware and software as required by a department or instructor.
*Unless enrolled in Cyber Security
In order to participate in the program, Cyber Security students will need:
- Desktop or Laptop
- Webcam: internal or external
- Intel i7 technology
- RAM: 16GB DDR 2400MHZ
- Hard-drive: 250 GB SSD or 1 TB SATA 5400 RPM
- Ports: 3- USB 3.0
- Win10 Pro
- Standard DSL or cable modem speed
Common Downloads and Plug-Ins
UTSA currently uses the learning management system, Blackboard Learn. Blackboard Learn is a user-friendly online learning environment that provides instructors with the ability to present online and hybrid course content in an organized and simple to navigate manner. Blackboard Learn relies on your Internet browser to display content. You must configure your browser correctly so it will function properly.
- Make sure that you are using a supported browser. Run the UTSA Browser Check to check compatibility.
- Enable Cookies for UTSA’s Blackboard Learn site: http://utsa.blackboard.com/
- Enable pop-up windows for UTSA’s Blackboard Learn site: http://utsa.blackboard.com/
- Add http://utsa.blackboard.com/ as a Trusted Site.