Free Online Resources for Students
Studying 100% Online has many benefits, including free access to many resources that can help you succeed throughout your educational journey! But did you know about the exclusive free resources for UTSA Online students? Spoiler alert! You’ll get completely free access to some amazing software and tools that will be extremely helpful to you in your educational journey and future career, such as:
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- LinkedIn Learning certificates
- Office 365
We’ll list out the rest of the services and resources in more detail for you below.
UTSA Online Resources
If you’re considering any of UTSA Online’s programs, you can benefit from the many tips and recommendations given at the UTSA Online blog. Once you are admitted to one of our programs, you will follow the next steps for admitted students, which provides a helpful list of items to reference as a newly admitted UTSA Online student. After completing the New Online Student Orientation, you will meet with your academic advisor. Our Online Advisors are going to be your greatest allies throughout your Roadrunner journey! They will work with you and advise you every semester to make sure you are enrolled in the classes that best fit your needs.
In addition to all the initial resources mentioned above, UTSA offers the following:
- Tutoring Services: You can schedule an appointment meet with the Tomás Rivera Tutoring Center on a walk-in basis for all subjects, including biology, mathematics, engineering, computer science. They even provide some after-hours appointments if you can’t make it during their posted hours.
- Writing Center: UTSA’s Writing Center offers online tutoring 7 days a week. You can learn how to make and attend an online tutoring appointment on this video.
- Online Library Services: UTSA’s library offers a wealth of online resources, including access to digital textbooks, academic journals, and more. Librarians are also available via chat to help you find the perfect resources or point you in the right direction. Online students also have their own dedicated librarian!
- Career Center: The UTSA Career Center offers you access to multiple services:
- Handshake– Connect with resources, schedule appointments, find events, and jobs
- Career Explorer – Take the Career Explorer Assessment
- VMock – Receive instantaneous feedback on your resume
- CareerShift – Find job opportunitiesfrom across the nation
- Interview Stream – Practice your interview skills from the comfort of your home.
- Software and Technology: As a UTSA Online student, you will have access to many free software tools, including Adobe Creative Cloud, and Microsoft Office 365.
- Digital Learning: The Digital Learning team provides you with the 24/7 Blackboard support you may need as you take courses with UTSA Online.
- Tech Café: Tech Café provides UTSA students, faculty, and staff with services like network and system access, software application and hardware support, and many more! If you run into any technical issues, make sure to
- LinkedIn Learning: This is a typically paid service that is free for UTSA students. LinkedIn Learning provides a variety of different certificates to add to your LinkedIn profile.
By this point, you may have already realized that everything at UTSA Online is customized to your needs. From the moment you request information about one of our 100% Online Programs and all the way through graduation, you will be supported by an amazing team of people whose main goal is to see you succeed and accomplish your educational goals!
Additional Free Resources for Online Students
In addition to the free resources UTSA Online offers its students, here are some other great free tools that anyone can use!
- Coursera | Coursera is a free, online resource where students can access free courses in subjects ranging from computer science to biology to politics. They offer over 5,000 courses, as well as certificates to help you in your career journey. They also collaborate with companies like Google and IBM. Those certificates will look great on your resume!
- Grammarly | Grammarly offers free grammar, plagiarism, and citation resources. Essay and general writing checkers will scan documents and text for errors and suggest edits, and the free citation generator helps students write APA, MLA, or Chicago citations for many sources including books, journal articles, and websites for both full citations and in-text citations.
- Khan Academy | Khan Academy is similar to Coursera, and it provides resources like practice exercises and videos to help you get a better grasp of subjects ranging from mathematics to computer science. Subjects are laid out like lesson plans and include practice problems and quizzes so you can test your knowledge as you go.
Interested in UTSA Online?
At UTSA Online, it’s important to know that you will always find the support you need throughout the entire enrollment process, so you won’t ever feel lost or in the dark about what to do next! Our enrollment counselors are specially trained to guide you and inform you about all the details of the application process and to answer all the questions you may have at that point.
Contact our Undergraduate Enrollment team at OnlineEnrollment@utsa.edu or call 210-458-4000.
If you are considering one of our graduate programs, you can contact our Graduate Enrollment team at OnlineGrad@utsa.edu or call 210-458-4400.
We are here to answer any question you may have and to help you take the next step in your professional career as a Roadrunner!Explore All UTSA Online Programs